Apple Cranberry Crumble
Kids are the life of every household! No matter how much of a handful they can be from time-to-time, they will continue to be your most loved people for the rest of your lives… Yes, that’s a devoted parent speaking!
During the pandemic, we all are trying really hard to keep our little bundle of joys engaged in fun activities. While most of our efforts are turned down for being “too boring” or “not interesting” we have something really fun for you to explore with your children.
How about engaging the kids in a fun, flame-less cooking session?
Below is a great family cooking activity that is easy to make and kids will look forward to eating once it is ready. In this recipe for apple cranberry crumble kids can get to get their hands dirty while they mix, stir, and layer ingredients.
A quick tip for you: in case you do not have a baking dish, you can use your stainless steel cookware, as this material is usually oven-safe. But before using it in the oven, please read the instructions for your stainless steel cookware brand.
What you’ll need for this recipe:
Have your kids help you get all the ingredients together before you start assembling.
1 cup oats
½ cup flour
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup butter (plus 1 tablespoon extra)
2 large apples, peeled and thinly chopped
¾ cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
½ tablespoon corn starch
½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- In a bowl, add the oats, flour, light brown sugar, and butter. Mix it all well using finger tips to get a crumb-like texture and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, mix apples, cranberries, sugar, corn starch, and cinnamon powder.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 degrees C)
- Add apple filling to the baking dish, top it evenly with crumb mixture, and then bake it for about 30 to 45 minutes or until it turns light brown in color.
- Serve the crumble and enjoy!
Guest post by:
The Daring Kitchen