– Looks around with alertness.
– Is attracted to any human movement.
– Looks attentively at a person’s face.
– Responds to smiles by smiling back.
– Enjoys cuddling and holding.
– Plays with hands and fingers and enjoys hand plays.
What you can do:
– Comment on things you and your children are doing by signing about them.
– Learn what hand babbling looks like.
– Acknowledge and expand hand babbling by repeating it.
– Look for first signs and repeat and expand on what your child signs.
– Share ASL children’s literature with your child.
– Play with your child using ASL rhymes and rhythms and have fun