Yummy with a capital Y!
Tonight was girls cooking night in my house and my daughter decided we should make ‘Cauliflower Pie’ for dinner. This is a yummy dish that my mom used to make! Then she says to me, “Mom, we should teach Hartford (her little brother) the sign for ‘cauliflower’… how do you sign cauliflower??” I told her that it was fingerspelled but we could just say, “cauliflower starts with ‘c’ and show him the sign for the letter c” She thought that was a way better idea than teaching him how to fingerspell c-a-u-l-i-f-l-o-w-e-r 🙂
Here is the YUMMY cauliflower recipe:
1/3 cups butter
4 cups bread crumbs
1 small cauliflower
1 small onion
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheese (I use mild cheddar but it’s really your choice of taste)
1. Melt butter in a large frying pan. Add breadcrumbs and stir until golden brown. **I normally use 1/2 cup as I like my crust more firm. Use 3/4 for the pie and save some for the top. **I usually make two smaller pies and freeze one.
2. cook cauliflower and onion until tender. Mash to make 2 cups
3. Smoothly combine eggs, flour and salt; gradually stir in milk.
4. Add cheese and cauliflower to milk mixture. Mix together
5. Bake in preheated 350 over for 35-40 min or until set and light brown.
**You could also add brocoli or carrots or meat or anything you like. This is a huge hit with kids.
I hope you enjoy as much as my family does!!
Founder and President
My Smart Hands, ‘educating young minds’